Staff Ed: COVID cancels everything (even our print editions)

Lydia Hansen and Madelaine Formica

Due to Hamline’s extended spring break (March 18 through March 31), the Oracle will be cancelling the printing and publication of the Rhetoracle (our April 1 joke issue) and our regular April 8 edition.

We’re staying tuned for more Hamline announcements about how classes will be administered for the semester before we decide if/when we’ll resume printing later on. If classes stay online for the rest of the semester (god forbid!), we will be forced to cancel the rest of our print editions and move fully online for the rest of the semester.

In the meantime, we will continue to cover Hamline’s response to COVID-19 and the impact of cancellations and staffing changes. Our goal is to provide the community and our readers as much information as possible.

Visit hamlineoracle.com for the latest updates on cancellations of student trips and the spring athletic season. While you’re social distancing over spring break, check our website for the latest news.

Additionally, if you have a story tip about how coronavirus or the resulting cancellations and shortages have impacted you as a student, faculty or staff member, we want to hear it. Send us an email at oracle@hamline.edu. Or, send a letter (450 words or less) to oracle@hamline.edu. We will be publishing community letters about coronavirus on our website and compiling a special section where you can find all our COVID-19 coverage.

As we head into spring break, we want to extend a sincere thank you to all our staff who have continued to write, take photos and cover stories during this time. We see your hard work, and we appreciate it!

Stay safe out there, everyone.

Your editors,

Lydia Hansen        Madelaine Formica

Editor-in-chief        Managing Editor