The Hamline fashion files part one: students

students show off their style in this new series.

Kat Wilkins, Reporter

Expression is all around Hamline University, and many students love to flaunt their unique personal styles every day. There is a broad range of fashion statements being made down every hall and in every classroom. Here are just a few of the people whose styles you may catch a glimpse of around campus.

Kat wilkins

Sophomore Autumn Wilke said that her style engulfs a “mixture of different trends,” although it has been leaning towards the preppy side recently. She also gravitates towards cute and comfy vibes with a “dash of color.” Even so, Autumn said she picks out her clothing with an “emphasis on cheap,” scouring through thrift stores and the clearance racks of Target and Forever 21 for all the best deals. “I want to look good so I can feel good,” she explained. Moreover, when she has an outfit that she loves, she feels more mentally prepared to take on the day ahead of her.

Kat Wilkins

Junior Caleb Treuer says he barely takes three minutes to get dressed each day. That does not mean, however, that he neglects fashion altogether. Caleb’s style derives primarily from 90s hip-hop trends extending into some modern ones as well. “I like being comfortable,” Caleb said, “but at the same time, upper-class luxury.”

Kat Wilkins

First-year Kali Courtney said “My whole philosophy is to always be dressed up,” she said while explaining how she wants to make a lasting impression with her fashion. Inspired by vintage fashion from the late 80s to the early 2000s, Kali’s style varies daily but never strays from who she truly is. “I think fashion is a way of expressing who you are,” she said. “At the end of the day,” she smiled, “I just put on what defines Kali.”