Athletes of the week

Shukri Kolmale, Reporter

Radian Lenz

“We have had a great season so far and I look forward to all the games ahead. I like to take it one game at a time,” sophomore Radian Lenz said. Down 1-3 seven minutes into a game is a dreadful place to be in at any game, and that is the place that the Hamline Women’s Lacrosse team found themselves in with Concordia (WI) Friday, Mar. 30. The game plan is in jeopardy at this point due to how fast the Pipers were down, but here is where this week’s athlete of the week came in and showcased her talent. Lenz scored three goals in the span of 13 minutes to help the Pipers reverse the trend and take a commanding 8-4 lead by halftime. A hard worker, Lenz did not just stop there and added a goal and assist in the second half of the game to see the Pipers victorious at 15-13.

Lenz currently sits at second place on the team with 12 goals scored, eight of them coming in the last four games. Lenz is also a reason the Pipers currently sit atop the Midwest Women’s Lacrosse Conference (MWLC).

It is an honor to be placed first but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done and we plan to keep doing what we are doing, working hard and staying positive,” shared Lenz.

Dylan Olson 

“Warm up, finish your race, talk to your coach, dress and wait, then warm up again (30 minutes after your first race) and finish another race,” junior Dylan Olson said. The logistics of Track and Field are pretty complex for an outsider, but if you ran since fifth grade, you are no longer an outsider. Our Athlete of the Week, Olson, had a phenomenal week last week that has him graced with this honor. At a meet in St. Mary’s, Olson was the top Division III finisher in the 110 hurdles placing fourth with a time of 15.72 seconds. With an unforgiven weather, last Thursday, Mar. 29, the Belle Blaine, Minn. Native placed ninth in the 400 hurdles with a time of 1:04.11.

“It’s always fun to go out and be able to go against division I and II guys…and to be right up there with them, and see where you are at in Division III is a great opportunity,”  Olson said.

Olson has high expectations for this season and trusts the program, the coaches and assistant staff are doing their best in helping the team reach its highest potential. An earnest worker himself, Olson is giving his all this season.