Return of the headbangers

Metal band Indestructible Noise Command (INC) returns after a two decade hiatus.

Hanna Haglund, Reporter

Indestructible Noise Command’s (INC) new album, Black Hearse Serenade, has resonating vocals that could kill and a bass line that makes your neck hairs stand up. Since the 1980s, this Connecticut-based five-piece band has been a metal phenomenon. The band consists of two guitarists (Anthony Fabrizi and Erick Barath), a bass player (Dave Campo), drummer (Kyle Shepard) and vocalist (Dennis Gergely). INC’s lead guitarist Fabrizi was extremely excited to discuss the band’s recent success.

“The band started out in basements just like any other high school band, and after a year, changed the thrash music scene. We never tried to be anything different than ourselves. We stay true to the music and what we love to play,” Fabrizi said. 

Recently, INC came to Minnesota’s very own First Avenue to rock the stage. They are currently touring the United States. INC combines singer-songwriter lyrics into a rocker metal rhythm. Back in the 80s INC toured with Metallica and this inspired the band to create music that draws upon many influences and genres.The band was heavily influenced by Metallica’s high energy and truth to their music. 

“We all give input into our music and the end product reflects all of us. Our album changes speeds, it’s not all thrash music. We like to have a diverse kind of sound,” Anthony said.  

Since the band just released its fourth album, they signed to TKO, one of the biggest rocker booking agencies in the country. This agency is also home to rock legends Motorhead, Anthrax and Hoobastank. INC has worked its way to the top of the charts.  In 1988, they were ranked number one on United States College Metal charts. This same year they were number two in the United Kingdom “Imported” charts, taking that spot from Aerosmith. The band has sold thousands of records and the fans love their wild and crazy concerts. 

“We have a natural amp and high energy music. We just love to do what we do. When the crowd gets involved that amps us up too. We will continue doing what we love. We appreciate all of our fans that come out,” Fabrizi said. 

Check out this wild band on their Facebook page www.facebook.com/incmetal or visit their website at www.incband.com.